As with all financial transactions, please use discretion when using an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) or Night Deposit Facility.
- Be aware of your surroundings and look out for suspicious activity near the ATM.
- Choose a well lighted ATM and park close. Have someone come with you when using the machine at night.
- Fill out all forms beforehand and have your card ready when you approach the ATM. If someone is using the machine, stand back to allow privacy.
- Stand directly in front of the ATM so no one sees you enter your PIN.
- Don't accept assistance from anyone you don't know when using an ATM.
- Always remove your ATM receipts. Don't leave them at the ATM because they may contain important account information.
- Don't leave your card at the ATM.
- Cancel your transaction and return later if anything or anyone seems suspicious while you're using the ATM.
- Pocket your cash immediately and count it later. If followed after leaving an ATM, go to a public area near people or to the closest law enforcement agency.
- At a drive up facility, make sure all the car doors are locked and all of the windows are rolled up. Keep the engine running and remain alert to your surroundings.
- Don't lend your ATM card to anyone.
- Always protect the secrecy of your PIN. Protect your ATM card as though it were cash. Don't tell anyone your PIN and don't write your PIN where it can be discovered.
- Contact Commercial Bank immediately if your card has been lost or stolen at 1-800-547-8531 during normal business hours, or at 1-800-236-2442 after normal business hours.
Stay safe with Commercial Bank Michigan.