Scammers might promise you a job with the benefit of working from home at good wage, often requiring an upfront fee for help. Never pay upfront for this type of service.
Report this scam to:
Federal Trade Commission at: www.ftc.gov/complaint or by calling 1-877-382-4357.
Signs of a Scam:
- Scammers may promise you a job.
- Promise you a government job.
- Offer you the secret to getting a job.
- Promise that you will make lots of money by working at home.
- Offer you a certificate to improve your chances of getting a job.
- Scammers always will ask you to pay first.
How to Avoid a Job Scam:
- Never deal with anyone who promises you a job. No one can promise you a job.
- Do not pay in advance for information about a job, even a money back guarantee.
- Do not deal with anyone who says you have to act fast.
- Ignore promises to make thousands of dollars working in your own home. Those promises are lies.